Zoom Math Tutoring from Addition through Calculus, SAT Math Prep, and Programming
12+ years of experience tutoring math to middle school, high school, and college students. 12+ years of classroom experience teaching programming and computer related subjects
As of the COVID-19 pandemic I have switched to Zoom tutoring. It works well and even offers some advantages to working in person!
Do you want to bring your child’s grades up? Tutoring is a way to achieve that.
Charry has many years of experience with both one-on-one tutoring, and classroom teaching. She loves watching students go from “I can’t” to “I can”. Students and their parents love watching the grades come up!
Math CAN be easy. It is a matter of having clear explanations that are broken down into small enough chunks that are delivered at the right pace.
A math tutor who combines good explanations with the chance to practice each piece until it is mastered can take the anxiety out of math. Patience, clarity, and practice can work miracles!!
Math does require diligence and hard work. Weekly meetings with a math tutor create an additional focus on a subject that students often prefer to ignore. The extra attention and accountability that comes with tutoring is often one of the key ingredients to academic success.
Math matters, and Charry can help your child succeed in math. Working together, grades will come up. Some students go from D’s to A’s!
Tutoring is available through Zoom sessions at the current time due to COVID-19. At some point, in-person lessons may be available again at her location near Campbell and River in Tucson.
“I eagerly recommend Charry Stover as an exceptional math tutor for all skill levels. We have used several tutors for our kids over the years here in Tucson. Charry impressed us by how much she truly cares about, and invests in, the success of her students. And she works to elicit a similar investment in the learning process, in the form of diligence and hard work, from her students.
She is very smart and detail oriented as well as very warm and welcoming. Whether challenged or driven & competitive, kids will learn a great deal from her. Tutoring with Charry is well worth the investment!”
- $60 for a 1 hour session (younger students)
- $75 for a 1 hour and 15 minute session (most middle school students)
- $90 for a 1 hour and 30 minute session (most high school and college students)
- $120 for a 2 hour session (most Calculus students or students with intensive courses)
- For SAT prep rates, see the SAT Math Prep page
- Math fundamentals (grade school and middle school math)
- Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, & Calculus
- University of Arizona and Pima Community College math courses up through College Algebra and Calculus
- BASIS tutoring and summer packet help
- Math lessons for homeschoolers
- Summertime math review
- Prep for placement tests
- SAT Math Prep
SAT Math Prep
- SAT Math Prep is available in both a class and a tutorial format . Classes run with a max of 6 students per class. More information is available on the SAT Math Prep page.
- Beginning Computer Programming classes and tutorials. Contact me for more information about these tutorials and courses.
- near Grant and Tucson in central Tucson
- Monday – Thursday slots are available from 11:30 am – 9:00 pm. The slots between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm tend to fill up first.
- Saturday and Sunday are reserved for the SAT class, or for students needing extra sessions. Weekend time slots tend to be idiosyncratic, and depend upon my schedule.
- Contact Charry at (520) 881-4771 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, there is no text capability on this phone — this is a land line phone!
- Tutoring sessions need to be cancelled by 5:00 p.m. on the preceding day. If this deadline is not met, then one must pay for the session.
I really enjoy working with people, and I work with all ages
and skill levels. My current and past tutees are varied. They include : grade school students learning their multiplication tables; middle schoolers trying to get an edge on the upcoming math in high school; Basis students striving to stay on top of things; high school students taking courses from Algebra I on up; and college students taking courses up through College Algebra and Calculus at the University of Arizona and Pima Community College.
“Our son looks forward to math tutoring with Charry — she makes it fun! Because he has become confident in his abilities and won success in the classroom, he no longer dreads the upcoming math quiz/test.
Charry has worked with our family for over a year now. Our son has made dramatic improvements in his ability to approach problem solving and test taking. Charry not only teaches students how to answer problems correctly, but also teaches how to approach problems. The latter is an important distinction that has helped our son gain universal problem-solving skills. He now approaches new problems with a methodology that can be applied to the next level of complexity.
Charry, thank you so much for all your assistance!”
Good luck on your math journey. Be sure to check the Helpful Links page for useful math links. These include a multiplication trainer, a graphing calculator, a scientific calculator, “Newton’s Window” and “Bedtime Math”.
B.A. Purdue University, Phi Beta Kappa Honorary Society;
M.A. Computer Science, University of Michigan
Tucson math tutor math tutors math tutoring Tucson University of Arizona UA UofA PCC Pima Community College